- provides an opportunity to resolve personal and interpersonal issues
- offers a safe place to explore issues and receive feedback
- helps with resolving feelings from the past
- generally meet for 50 minutes one-on-one with a counselor
- helps you to develop more effective coping strategies
- Group therapy is the primary treatment of choice for many students.
- Generally groups meet once per week for 60 or 90 minutes.
- Group interactions give you an opportunity to try out new ways of behaving and to learn more about the way you interact with others.
- Group gives you a safe place where you can experiment with new coping skills.
- Some of the groups we currently offer are: Interpersonal Process Group, Rainbow Group (LGBTQ Support Group), Dialectical Behavior Therapy Group, and Recharged: Reclaiming Life From Anxiety.
Find out more about group therapy
- helps couples communicate more effectively and improve their relationships
- available to all couples, regardless of marital status or sexual orientation